Allen Grunes Briefs Members of Congress
On Friday, December 1, 2017, the Konkurrenz Group’s Allen Grunes joined members of Congress and other policy experts for a briefing on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., “The Impact of Dominant Internet Platforms on Competition, Innovation, and Democracy.” The briefing was held by the House Judiciary Committee Democrats and the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
Other speakers included:
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren,
- Lina Khan, Director of Legal Policy, Open Markets Institute, Author of Amazon’s Antitrust Paradox,
- Chris Lewis, Vice President, Public Knowledge,
- Stacy Mitchell, Co-Director, Institute for Local Self-Reliance, Author of Monopoly Power and the Decline of Small Business,
- Frank Pasquale, Professor of Law at the University of Maryland, Affiliate Fellow at Yale Law School’s Information Society Project,
- Siva Vaidhyanathan, Professor of Modern Media Studies and Director of the Center for Media and Citizenship at the University of Virginia, Author of The Googlization of Everything,
- Tim Wu, Professor at Columbia Law School, author of The Attention Merchants.
- The event also featured remarks from Rep. David Cicilline. The briefing is available on Facebook: Watch Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3